Teaser Tuesday #5



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by MizB of; Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along by doing the following. Grab your current read open to a random page and share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page - remember, no spoilers! Don't forget to share the title and the author.

Hey everyone, long time, no blog! :) I hope you're all doing okay - I'm sorry this post has been posted so late in the day. ^.^ I decided against doing a Stacking The Shelves post for this Sunday/Monday because I only have two books and I didn't see the point in doing that, so they'll be added to my next Sunday's post. I've badly broken my book buying ban and have a lot of books on their way to me from various websites.. ^^; Any who, I was thinking - would any of you guys like to see a Book Collection tour? I don't have a bookshelf, but I love watching those types of videos, and seeing what books everyone else has got - I end up with tons more added to my TBR list! Just let me know. (:


Teasers




"And that's how Spider found us when he emerged about nine: me and Val side by side at the breakfast bar, second pot of tea on the go, mound of fag ash on the saucer between us. He shambled into the kitchen with some jogging bottoms and an old, stained T-shirt on, eyes sort of small and puckered, like he'd been asleep for a hundred years."

- Page 54, "Numbers (Numbers, #1)"
by Rachel Ward.





It's quite cool, isn't it? It took me a while to get into this book, because, personally - I don't actually like the main character, Jem. But who knows, maybe I'll like her more as the book goes on. ^.^ As for the cover, I think it's awesome! I love how the image(s) are inside the book title. It's so cool. (:




What are your teasers for this Tuesday? Leave me a comment or a link to your blog post and I'll be sure to check it out! :D Happy Reading. (:




4 comments:

  1. YES, DO A BOOKSHELF TOUR! This book looks quite interesting; I see a lot of British words in your teaser and I want to see if I can follow it. Is this a dystopian novel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall! :) Thanks, and I think Numbers is more of a Young-Adult supernatural ish book than dystopian - but then, I may be wrong! :) As for the British words, the book is based in London. ^.^
      Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the teaser. Cool cover.

    My teaser link is below.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-10302012.html

    ReplyDelete