Friday Finds #6



Friday finds is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading which showcases the books you ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list. Whether you found them online, in a bookstore, or in the library - wherever! (they aren’t necessarily books you purchased).

Hello again my fellow book lovers! :D How are you all today? Are you enjoying being in November yet? :P I had fun and games yesterday trying to record my bookshelf tour - it didn't go so well I'm afraid. So I actually had to try and record it again today - I think this time it went well, I'll have to see what it's like on my laptop. ^.^

Friday Finds

Skinned (Cold Awakening, #1) by Robin Wasserman.
The Download was supposed to change the world. It was supposed to mean the end of aging, the end of death, the birth of a new humanity. But it wasn't supposed to happen to someone like Lia Kahn. And it wasn't supposed to ruin her life. Lia knows she should be grateful she didn't die in the accident. The Download saved her--but it also changed her, forever. She can deal with being a freak. She can deal with the fear in her parents' eyes and the way her boyfriend flinches at her touch. But she can't deal with what she knows, deep down, every time she forces herself to look in the mirror: She's not the same person she used to be. Maybe she's not even a person at all

Hollow Pike by James Dawson.
Something wicked this way comes... She thought she’d be safe in the country, but you can’t escape your own nightmares, and Lis London dreams repeatedly that someone is trying to kill her. Lis thinks she’s being paranoid - after all who would want to murder her? She doesn’t believe in the local legends of witchcraft. She doesn’t believe that anything bad will really happen to her. You never do, do you? Not until you’re alone in the woods, after dark - and a twig snaps... Hollow Pike - where witchcraft never sleeps.

Hate List by Jennifer Brown.
Five months ago, Valerie Leftman's boyfriend, Nick, opened fire on their school cafeteria. Shot trying to stop him, Valerie inadvertently saved the life of a classmate, but was implicated in the shootings because of the list she helped create. A list of people and things she and Nick hated. The list he used to pick his targets. Now, after a summer of seclusion, Val is forced to confront her guilt as she returns to school to complete her senior year. Haunted by the memory of the boyfriend she still loves and navigating rocky relationships with her family, former friends and the girl whose life she saved, Val must come to grips with the tragedy that took place and her role in it, in order to make amends and move on with her life.

Fated (The Soul Seekers, #1) by Alyson Noel.
Until now, he's existed only in her dreams - but fate is about to bring them together. I shove through the crowd, knocking into girls and bouncing off boys, until one in particular catches me, steadies me. I feel so secure, so at home in his arms. I melt against his chest-lift my gaze to meet his. Gasping when I stare into a pair of icy blue eyes banded by brilliant flecks of gold that shine like kaleidoscopes, reflecting my image thousands of times. The boy from my dream. The one who died in my arms.

Summaries from Good Reads. I think all these books look amazing and I honestly can't wait to get my grubby little mits onto them! XD The covers are awesome and my favourite is for the book Hollow Pike - I think it's absolutly stunning! (: Anyway, I haven't got much else to say to today, so I'll leave you on a positive note - it's not long 'til Christmas! :D




What are your Friday Finds for this week? Leave me a comment or a link to your blog post and I'll be sure to check it out! ^.^ Happy reading! (:




0 comments:

Post a Comment