Teaser Tuesday #19



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by MizB of; Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along by doing the following. Grab your current read open to a random page and share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page - remember, no spoilers! Don't forget to share the title and the author.

Hey Book Nerds! :3 How are you all doing today? I'm feeling pretty awful myself. D: I have a really bad sore throat, so the doctor's have prescribed me some antibiotics - hopefully they'll work soon! ;_; Aside from feeling unwell, things are going good. My giveaway has already got a lot of entries and I'm so pleased! I've also gained more followers since Haley @ Ya-Aholic mentioned me on her twitter and facebook. :) I’m not going to talk about much else because I’m really drained and need to go back to bed. :P

Teasers






"I close my eyes and wish I could tell my mother about my day. I'd tell her I'm worried about Sophie and how there's a new boy who's really kind of hot and how I think Mattie and Amber are up to no good. I'd tell her I miss her. I'd tell her I love her. I'd tell her everything."

- Page 32, "Slide (Slide, #1)"
by Jill Hathaway.




This book is absolutely fantastic so far! :D I know I only started reading it last night, but it’s such a great read so far. :3 As for the cover - I love it! :D It's the UK cover (obviously), but I really do like it. I love the colourings and the way there's the hands in the eye; it’s so creepy. :P I'm a fan of the US cover as well, but I'm British and you've got to be proud to be British at times. :) Have you read Slide before, what did you think of it? Let me know!



What are your teasers for this Tuesday? Leave me a comment or a link to your blog post and I'll be sure to check it out! :D Happy Reading. (:



3 comments:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well, but I enjoyed your teaser.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fantastic. I can't wait to read your review! Thanks for the teaser.

    Feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this last year and totally loved it, I also prefer the UK cover, it really stands out in bookshops and I think the US one is a bit bland!

    ReplyDelete