Friday Finds #28



Friday finds is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading which showcases the books you've recently ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list.

Hey Book Nerds! :D How are you all doing today? TGIF! :P I can't believe it's nearly the weekend again already. It's so strange how the days are flying by lately. ^.^ I forgot to mention last week that I created new Banners for my posts. They're slightly smaller and plainer, but I prefer them! :D I think my favourite is probably the Friday Finds one above. ^.^ Yesterday, I also got round to changing my contact buttons, (for twitter, facebook, ect..) they match my colour scheme better now and I think they're really cute. ^.^ Well, I think that's it for me today, there should be a book haul this weekend, so don't forget to keep an eye out for that. :)

Friday Finds

Don't Look Back by S.B. Hayes.
Sinead has been taunted by her manipulative brother Patrick all her life. Now he is missing. But he hasn't stopped messing with her. Compelled to search for him by her overbearing mother, Sinead discovers a trail of sinister clues which she knows Patrick has left for her. They lead her to Benedict House: a place where time stands still and nothing is as it seems. There she meets James, who is also looking for answers about his troubled past. Together, James and Sinead will discover terrifying truths that will test them to the very limit. For Benedict House is not a place for the living, and Patrick will stop at nothing to bring them down...

Hysteria by Megan Miranda.
Mallory's life is falling apart.
Her boyfriend was stabbed. He bled to death in her kitchen. Mallory was the one who stabbed him. But she can't remember what happened that night. She only remembers the fear...
When Mallory's parents send her away to a boarding school, she thinks she can escape the gossip and the threats. But someone, or something, has followed her. There's the hand that touches her shoulder when she's drifting off to sleep. A voice whispering her name. And everyone knows what happened. So when a pupil is found dead, Mallory's name is on their lips. Her past can be forgotten but it's never gone. Can Mallory live with that?

The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti.
Scarlett Hughes is overly involved in the lives of everyone around her, and exceptionally interested in the habits of her neighbors. But Scarlett is thrust solidly into her own life when her sister, Juliet, returns home from school—pregnant and surprisingly married to a sweet, handsome man whom she seems to have no interest in, but who is hopelessly in love with her. Forced to take a look inward for the first time, Scarlett discovers the necessity of dreams, as well as the necessity of facing reality and speaking the truth.

One Night That Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt.
Two years ago, when Eliza Sellman was in ninth grade, her dad found out he was being transfered and the family was going to move. Having always been shy and not so confident about her body, Eliza took that opportunity to start a list in her private notebook of all the things she planned on doing when she moved but had always been afraid to--like wearing a miniskirt and asking guys to dance; singing karaoke in front of strangers; posting a photo of herself on her Facebook wall in a bikini...you get the idea. New town, new Eliza, right? Well, she'll never know because the transfer fell through and they didn't move. But Eliza kept adding her goals and secret fears to the list in the notebook.

Now it's two years later, and in that time Eliza has had and lost her first boyfriend. But this was more than your average breakup...turns out the sweet and cute Cooper was only dating her as a hazing stunt by a secret society. Eliza got her revenge by posting some pretty nasty (and only sort-of true) stuff about Cooper online. That posting has had major consequences and now Cooper and his buddies have stolen her private notebook and won't give it back until she performs all the things on her list in one night. It's torture...until Eliza steals something from the boys she knows they'll want to trade her notebook for. What starts out as a night of humiliation turns into a night of revelations as Eliza learns what Cooper was really thinking when they dated, the real reason he's stolen her notebook, and how freeing--and life-changing--it can be to do the things you fear the most.

Summaries from Good Reads. I think all these books look really fantastic! I read Fracture by Megan Miranda the other month, and I loved her writing - so I'm sure, when I manage to get my hands on a copy - that I'll love Hysteria as well! :D Don't Look Back and The Six Rules of Maybe look really good too, but I think I'm most excited for; One Night That Changes Everything. It looks like such an awesome book - and such a fun read. I hope to but it really soon. As for the covers; I'm not that keen on The Six Rules of Maybe cover, but I love the rest. My favourite cover is probably either Don't Look Back or One Night That Changes everything. I LOVE the typography and colouring on both of them. :) Have you read any of my finds this week? Let me know! :)



What are your Friday Finds for this week? Leave me a comment or a link to your blog post and I'll be sure to check it out! ^.^ Happy reading! (:



2 comments:

  1. Don't Look Back sounds super creepy AND awesome-totally adding it to my TBR. :D
    One Night That Changes Everything sounds like a book that I'd enjoy too. As for the cover I think the ebook cover is prettier.
    Thanks for sharing,Tiffa! :)

    Here's my Friday Find

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top two sound really good, and intense! Always looking for things a bit on the darker side :) One Night that Changes Everything sounds really cute and that's an author I really want to check out anyway, but I hadn't heard of this one! Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention :D have a great weekend and thanks so much for stopping by my finds!

    ReplyDelete