Friday Finds #34



Friday finds is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading which showcases the books you've recently ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list.

Hey Book Nerds! :D I'm so sorry that I've been AWOL for so long, I've been having a bad week and I just needed time to myself. I'm feeling a bit better now though and hopefully will have things back on track for my blog and YouTube channel very soon! :) I am currently reading The Hollow by Jessica Verday, I'm not that far into it yet, but I am really enjoying it so far. :3 There isn't a whole lot else to say today - but keep an eye out for my review of Icons by Margaret Stohl (4/5 stars!), my September Book Haul (I have lots of books to show you!) and hopefully my updated Bookshelf Tour! :D I hope you're all having a great week and I'll talk to you guys again soon. ^.^

Friday Finds

Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler.
Living in small town Rockabill, Maine, Jane True always knew she didn't quite fit in with so-called normal society. During her nightly, clandestine swim in the freezing winter ocean, a grisly find leads Jane to startling revelations about her heritage: she is only half-human.
Now, Jane must enter a world filled with supernatural creatures alternatively terrifying, beautiful, and deadly- all of which perfectly describe her new ""friend, "" Ryu, a gorgeous and powerful vampire. It is a world where nothing can be taken for granted: a dog can heal with a lick; spirits bag your groceries; and whatever you do, never-ever-rub the genie's lamp.

Briar Rose by Jana Oliver.
For Briar Rose, life is anything but a fairy tale. She's stuck in a small town in deepest Georgia with parents who won't let her out of their sight, a bunch of small-minded, gossiping neighbours and an evil ex who's spreading nasty rumours about what she may or may not have done in the back of his car. She's tired of it all, so when, on her sixteenth birthday, her parents tell her that she is cursed and will go to sleep for a hundred years when the clock strikes midnight, she's actually kind of glad to leave it all behind. She says her goodbyes, lies down, and closes her eyes . . . And then she wakes up. Cold, alone and in the middle of the darkest, most twisted fairy tale she could ever have dreamed of. Now Briar must fight her way out of the story that has been created for her, but she can't do it alone. She never believed in handsome princes, but now she's met one her only chance is to put her life in his hands, or there will be no happy ever after and no waking up.

Falling to Ash (Moth, #1) by Karen Mahoney.
You can't choose your family . . . living or dead.
Trapped between two very different worlds, newly made vampire Moth is struggling to find her place in either. Not only does she have to answer to her strict Irish-Catholic Dad, but her over-protective maker, Theo, is intent on making her the star attraction in his powerful Boston vampire clan. Moth will have to pull off the double-act of the century to please both of them . . .
Adding to her problems is the dangerously attractive Jason Murdoch, a trainee vampire hunter who loves to play cat and mouse in his spare time (Jace = cat; Moth = mouse). But when the young and gorgeous teenagers of Boston's wealthiest families start to disappear, it forces Moth and Jace into an uneasy truce. Will they be able to solve the mystery behind the disappearances - before someone winds up undead?

Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick.
Inner beauty wants out.
When eighteen-year-old Becky Randle’s mother dies, she’s summoned from her Missouri trailer park to meet Tom Kelly, the world’s top designer. He makes her an impossible offer: He’ll create three dresses to transform Becky from a nothing special girl into the most beautiful woman who ever lived. Becky thinks Tom is a lunatic, or that he’s producing a hidden camera show called World’s Most Gullible Poor People. But she accepts, and she’s remade as Rebecca. When Becky looks in the mirror, she sees herself – an awkward mess of split ends and cankles. But when anyone else looks at Becky, they see pure five-alarm hotness.

Soon Rebecca is on the cover of Vogue, the new Hollywood darling, and dating celebrities. Then Becky meets Prince Gregory, heir to the British throne, and everything starts to crumble. Because Rebecca aside, Becky loves him. But to love her back, Gregory would have to look past the blinding Rebecca to see the real girl inside. And Becky knows there’s not enough magic in the world.

Summaries from Good Reads. I think all of these books look really fantastic! I'm seriously considering paying out full price to buy Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick - it looks incredible. I'm also thinking I'm going to choose the others as presents to myself for Christmas! :D My favourite covers are probably Gorgeous and Falling to Ash - although I do love the font on Briar Rose and the misted effects on Tempest Rising. ^.^ Have you read any of my finds this week? Let me know! :)



What are your Friday Finds for this week? Leave me a comment or a link to your blog post and I'll be sure to check it out! ^.^ Happy reading! (:

1 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sounds such a great story, I am definitely going to get that one and I have had my eye on Briar Rose for a while, the cover is so pretty. 4 great finds this week.

    ReplyDelete