Friday Finds #35



Friday finds is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading which showcases the books you've recently ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list.

Hey Book Nerds! ^.^ How've you all been? :) I bet a lot of you are glad it's finally Friday! :D I have some awesome news to tell you guys; we (my mum and I) are getting two new kittens! :D My mum, sister, dad and I went to see them the other day and they're so cute. They're only two weeks old, but we already love them! It's such a shame we have to wait seven weeks to take them home. Oh well, we're really looking forward to it - I'm getting a little girl I'm calling Violet and my mum a little boy she's calling Ambrose. :) As for my reading, I finished reading Blood on My Hands by Todd Strasser yesterday afternoon, and picked up The Drowning by Rachel Ward in the evening. I'm so excited to read it; I've heard some amazing things about it. ^.^ Anyway, that's all I have to say today - I hope you all have a great day! :D

Friday Finds

Thirsty by M.T. Anderson.
All Chris really wants is to be a normal kid, to hang out with his friends, avoid his parents, and get a date with Rebecca Schwartz. Unfortunately, Chris appears to be turning into a vampire. So while his hometown performs an ancient ritual that keeps Tch’muchgar, the Vampire Lord, locked in another world, Chris desperately tries to save himself from his own vampiric fate. He needs help, but whom can he trust? A savagely funny tale of terror, teen angst, suspense, and satire from National Book Award winner M. T. Anderson.

Warrior (Doppelganger, #1) by Marie Brennan.
When a witch is born, a doppelganger is created. For the witch to master her powers, the twin must be killed. But what happens when the doppelganger survives?

Mirage, a bounty hunter, lives by her wits and lethal fighting skills. She always gets her mark. But her new mission will take her into the shadowy world of witches, where her strength may not be a match against powerful magic. Miryo is a witch who has just failed her initiation test. She now knows that there is someone in the world who looks like her, who is her: Mirage. To control her powers and become a full witch, Miryo has only one choice: to hunt the hunter and destroy her.

Furious by Jill Wolfson.
Three high school girls become the avenging Furies of Greek legend.
We were only three angry girls, to begin with. Alix, the hot-tempered surfer chick; Stephanie, the tree-hugging activist; and me, Meg, the quiet foster kid, the one who never quite fit in. We hardly knew each other, but each of us nurtured a burning anger: at the jerks in our class, at our disappointing parents, at the whole flawed, unjust world. We were only three angry girls, simmering uselessly in our ocean-side California town, until one day a mysterious, beautiful classmate named Ambrosia taught us what else we could be: Powerful. Deadly. Furious.

Misfit by Jon Skovron.
Inner beauty wants out.
Jael Thompson has never really fit in. She’s changed schools too many times to count. The only family she’s ever known is her father, a bitter ex-priest who never lets her date and insists she attend the strictest Catholic school in Seattle. And her mother—well, she was a five thousand year old demon. That doesn’t exactly help.

But on her sixteenth birthday, her father gives her a present that brings about some unexpected changes. Some of the changes, like strange and wonderful powers and the cute skater boy with a knack for science, are awesome. But others, like the homicidal demon seeking revenge on her family? Not so much.

Summaries from Good Reads. EEK! All of these books so look so good! Why have I haven't I come across them before? I really want to pick up a paperback copy of Warrior, because it looks so incredible! However they only sell it in mass market paperback form, which I hate! D: I've heard some great things about the other three of these books as well, I'm sure I'm going to be picking up at least one of them hopefully soon. :) As for my favourite covers, it's a toss-up between Furious and Misfit! I love the way Furious is set out, but I also love the simplicity of Misfit's cover and the colouring on both. :) Decisions, decisions! :P Oh well! :3 Have you read any of my finds this week? Let me know! :)



What are your Friday Finds for this week? Leave me a comment or a link to your blog post and I'll be sure to check it out! ^.^ Happy reading! (:


2 comments:

  1. I have had my eye on Furious for quite a while now, think it sounds great!

    OMG, I need to see pics of these 2 gorge kitties the minute you get your hands on them, in fact I expect appearances in every vlog you do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and don't worry, there will be many appearances (and probably photos) of them when they arrive! :D

      Delete